Be Faith-Filled: God is always about building our faith in Him, His purposes , and His ways. It is a Faith-Filled life that is the foundation for all other growth in Christ-likeness. Scripture clearly places faith at the heart of what it means to be in a relationship with Christ (see 2 Cor 10:15b, Hebrews 11: 6, Galatians 5:6, Romans 4:20-21, and many more). Additionally, we believe that a Faith-Filled life will be demonstrated by growth in the following 3 Key Impact Points:
- A fully engaged, joyful, and humble life of worship under the Lordship and Grace of Jesus Christ.
- An abiding, maturing friendship with Jesus Christ that is developed through devoting time with Him in the Scriptures, prayer, solitude, other spiritual disciplines, and also in accountable friendships of trust in environments of grace.
- An adventurous and meaningful spiritual journey that is reflected by a bold and growing faith that consistently seeks to be Spirit-led while finding creative ways to fulfill the will of God.
Have a Loving Lifestyle: The number one lesson in life is learning how to love. In John 15:12 Jesus says "Love each other as I have loved you." In Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus gives us the two greatest commandments, to love God with all that you are and to love your neighbor. So, we will see to love authentically- from the heart- with compassion, radical mercy, and genuine concern and empathy for the needs and hurts of people. We believe that people living a Loving Lifestyle will demonstrate the following 3 Key Impact Points:
- Compassionately caring from the heart of Jesus through radical and sacrificial love, authentic "life-on-life" relationships, and generous living.
- Unleashing mercy and hope toward people we know and people in our community whom God leads us to, being open to long-term friendships.
- Maintaining a team player mentality in which all people and all ministries humbly seek the greater good through Christ-centered, God-dependent unity and alignment toward realizing God's Vision for us.
Be a Winsome Witness: God is on a mission that includes His Church. Jesus says in Acts 1:8 that "you will be my witnesses". We are not called "to" witness, but to "be" Christ's witnesses, because that is who I am to the core of my being. This is not optional, but is essential in maturing toward Christ-likeness. If we are truly "Faith-Filled" by humbly surrendering to God, and if we have a "Loving Lifestyle" by meeting the needs of others with compassion and mercy, then we can step out with boldness into an unbelieving world and witness for Christ by our actions AND our words. Why? Because God wants all people to repent and be saved. How? "Winsomely" (prayerful, engaging, thoughtful and appealing). This will be demonstrated by the following 3 Key Impact Points:
- A prayerful life that seeks to thoughtfully help neighbors and others in our sphere of influence.
- A heart of empathy that seeks first to understand others and why they believe what they do, then to be understood.
- A courageous, Spirit-led life that intentionally seeks to invest into the lives of people, both locally and globally, being part of God's plan to rescue them from the power of darkness and bring them into the eternal Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
These 3 Core Areas are further detailed in the complete Evangelism & Discipleship Pathway Booklet available above.